- To improve the safety and quality of care and reduce waiting period for patients in Emergency Medicine services.
- To train the residents in emergency medical services, administrative and legal activities of the emergency department.
- To train medical students, nurses and paramedical personnel.
- To provide pre-hospital medical services.
- To promote research in Emergency Medicine.
- Establishment of Emergency medical services and dept
- Before 2007 , emergency patients were managed in casualty and trauma care.
- In August 2017, Emergency ICU and Emergency Medical Ward were established. Separate Emergency medicine department was started. Dr Prabha Nayak was head of the department.
- In June 2019, the services were upgraded and the state of art EMS were made available since 15th June 2019.
Applied For M.D. Emergency Medicine
Dr.Salve Shobha BansiProfessor & Head
Dr.Mahajan Swati ManikraoProfessor
Dr.Dase Rajesh KeshavraoAssociate Professor
Dr.Surwe Rahul RavindraAssociate Professor
Dr.Tayade Deepak NarayanAssistant Professor
Dr.Nakel Mahavir PannalalAssistant Professor
Dr.Kunde Pallavi BhimraoAssistant Professor
Dr.Joshi Bhavna PramodTutor
Dr.Deshmukh Shweta VinodraoTutor
Dr. Adchitre Sangita ArunAssociate Professor
Dr.Naval Sameer SahebraoAssistant Professor
Dr.Takwale Glory VinayTutor
Ems has 9000 sq. feet area
It has 8 beds in female and male ward. All patients are monitored with multipara monitors.
Well equipped ambulance service with trained paramedical staff is available for pre hospital care of critically ill patients
EQUIPMENTS in EMS
Facilities available :
Clinical work load Data :
- Museum having Educational CDs, X-Rays ,ABG reports, Emergency airway management, Oxygen therapy, charts, Equipments is established for students and paramedical staff.
- Emergency Department works in collaboration with the Medical education and skill development unit, Red Cross (Aurangabad Branch)
Lectures for Under Graduate Students :
For 3rd MBBS students, covering commonly encountered emergencies has been initiated since March, 2018.