- Patient care that is compassionate, appropriate & effective.
- Practice based learning & improvements & Professionalism.
- Medical knowledge about established and evolving pulmonary disease, its applications to patient care.
- Combat HIV/AIDS & TB.
- Demonstrate sufficient understanding of the basic sciences relevant to the Pulmonary Medicine.
- To identify social, economic, environmental, biological and emotional determinants of health.
- To therapeutic, rehabilitative, preventive & primitive measures/strategies in Pulmonary Medicine.
- To diagnose and manage majority of the conditions in Pulmonary Medicine.
- To implement of National health programme (RNTCP), effectively and responsibly.
- To demonstrate Post Graduate Students competence in basic concepts of research methodology.
- Year of Establishment: January 1990
- MBBS course started in 1991
- MD (Respiratory Medicine) started in 2012
- OPD is well equipped with PFT room, teaching areas like seminar room and examination room.
- PFT machine with DLCO machine is installed and functional since 2015.
- Specialised Polysomnography suite available for sleep disorder diagnosis and treatment.
- Departmental library having books, journals, question banks, CDs and modules from national and international publication updated yearly.
- Ward with 40 beds for in patients along with one procedure room and polysomnography suite.
- Well-equipped separate IRCU with 8 beds.
- Separate bronchoscopy suite having various accessories including fiberoptic bronchoscope.
- The Department Of Pulmonary Medicine has been designated as Tuberculosis Unit II (TU II) for implementation of Revised National Tuberculosis Control Program (RNTCP).
- Dr. Ashish Deshmukh has written a chapter on Bronchoscopy in the book Pulmonary Clinics of India volume-4.
- State conference “PULMONAR” is organized every year by the department of Respiratory Medicine.
- MD Pulmonary Medicine
- PhD in Pulmonary Medicine