To impart through and comprehensive training to candidates in various aspects of the subject so that as the end of the course the candidate will be a competent cardiologist.
Skills in non invasive and invasive field of Cardiology.
- With increasing Urbanization and changing lifestyles, there is tremendous increase in the incidence of cardiovascular diseases.
- India has become the hub of cardiovascular diseases in the world. So there is a need for an increased awareness of the importrance of Cardiovascular Diseases as a major public health issue.
- The Course is designed for training of students who are post graduates in Medicine, Respiratory Medicine or Paediatrics
- To train in various areas of cardiology like Clinical cardiology, Coronary care, Paediatric Cardiology, Electrophysiology, Invasive procedures, non-invasive techniques and research activities.
- Up gradation of medical infrastructure, providing plenty of Clinical material.
To improve teaching experience of Students by introduction of newer teaching methodology.
- The Department of Cardiology has been established at MGM Medical College and Hospital, Aurangabad in 2010 to provide quality cardiac services to the community.
- DM course started in 2013
- Increase in number of ward beds from 10 to 30.
- Increase in number of OPD & IPD Patients.
- Complex Procedure Like aortic- graft stent,
Complex coronary & Peripheral Angioplasties.
- DM ( Cardiology) : 1 student /Year
- B.Sc. (Cardiac Care): 5 Students /Year.