- The Department endeavors to achieve the goal of becoming a benchmark as a quality Medico-legal Centre.
- To produce future Teacher, Trainer, Researcher and leader in the field of forensic medicine
- To produce a physician who is well informed about medico legal responsibilities in practice of medicine & to train competent expert in Forensic medicine.
At the end of course, the student shall be able to
- Identify & define the medico legal problems of hospital & general practice & work to resolve such problems.
- Undertake & discharge the medico legal responsibilities of general physician in criminal matters while rendering community services & in all clinical medico legal cases.
- Diagnose, manage & identify the legal aspects of common poisoning
- Perform, Make observations , describe the Medico legal aspects & findings of post mortem examination & draw logical inferences & to Collect, preserve & dispatch various trace evidences
- Interpret histopathological, radiological, chemical analysis, DNA analysis & other reports for medico legal purposes.
- Depose evidence as an expert witness in courts of law.
- Identify & articulate the principles of medical ethics in relation to Patient, his profession & to respect for the code of medical ethics.
Department Establishment: Year of Establishment : 1990
- PhD Forensic Medicine