- To fulfill community need, & Provide evidence based value added medical education and to produce competent, confident globally accepted medical professionals & improvise quality healthcare in the society and make surgeons par excellence.
- To contribute for the research at various levels in order to increase the scientific knowledge and to improve healthcare services and patient care.
- To offer ‘Continue Medical Education Programme’ and skill development workshops for practicing surgeons.
- To provide quality healthcare services at low cost to the community.
- To improve teaching learning experience of students by
- Introduction of newer teaching methodology
- Faculty development
- Stakeholder’s feedback
- To produce confident, competent surgeon by
- Scientific teaching
- Up gradation of hospital infrastructure & equipments
- By providing plenty of clinical material
- To promote research by
- Increased awareness
- To provide facility and necessary funds for the research
Department of surgery established in 1990. During this period of 28 years we have directed our efforts in developing enthusiastic, agile and academically strong skill full surgeons. All hard work done by our predecessors has brought this department at the forefront for post graduate teaching in general surgery. We feel that our surgeons should enjoy their work with passion, now and in the future. We intend to pursue with a strong contention that surgeons must not only care for patients, but also interact effectively with the community.
We as an institute have come a long way. We are striving hard to achieve our goals of inculcating value based teaching, providing quality healthcare at a low cost and to reach every strata of the society. We are lucky to have eminent and experienced faculty members who are fully dedicated to serve the cause. We have come one step forward to improve our services by faculty development programme which includes arranging conferences, workshops and introducing new teaching methodology. In future, we would like to promote research activities so that we can contribute for the development of medical science.
Distinctive Features of the Department:
Department has conducted many national conferences including state and national level PG teaching programme. Only department in the state to perform liver transplant. Have started innovative student and patient friendly program like Be a Guardian Programme.
- M.S. General Surgery
a. Endoscopy and Laparoscopy
b. Advanced Minimal Access Surgery
- UG & PG Teaching Programme
- Regular services :
- OPD services from 9am-4pm
- Emergency services provided 24 X 7/365 days
- All types of operations are done (Elective and Emergency)
- Neurosurgery consultation with special consultation for spine problems on Wednesday and Friday. Highly equipped operation theatre with facilities for micro- neurosurgery.
- Only center for Skull base surgery in Marathawada region.
- Oncosurgery consultation with day care services for chemotherapy patients.
- Fully dedicated faculty for the Pediatric surgery OPD days on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Breast clinic special consultation from Monday to Friday.
- IBD Clinic every alternate Monday 9 am to 4 pm.