- To make the Nephrology department the centre of excellence in academic and clinical fronts.
- To overcome shortage of Nephrologists in this region of Maharashtra
- Provide the renal care at affordable cost.
- Carry out and guide research in the field of nephrology.
- Screen high risk population for chronic kidney disease.
- Increase awareness about organ donation.
At the end of DM course students shall be able to
- Practice the art and science of nephrology to provide comprehensive renal care.
- Conduct and publish research.
- Acquire necessary skills of teaching and training.
- Keep abreast with the latest development by self learning and/ or participating in CME.
- Manage administrative responsibilities, get awareness of audit and the need for considering cost effectiveness in patient management.
- Deliver preventive and rehabilitative care
Department was established in 2013. The department is staffed by qualified nephrologists, and specialized nursing staff with exceptional skill in all forms of dialysis treatment and kidney transplant.
The Division of Nephrology is involved in the treatment of Acute and Chronic Kidney Disease with Dialysis or Transplantation. We conduct General Nephrology, Subspecialty clinics, teaching and Research.
Departmental Services :
The Nephrology Department maintains active clinical facilities for inpatient services consisting of 30 –bed Nephrology ward on the 5th floor, and ambulatory care, Including Acute and Chronic dialysis and Renal Transplantation. Clinical activities have expanded to meet the growing need for hospital care, as well as responding to the growing population of End stage renal disease patient on dialysis support.