- To provide the highest quality plastic surgical care to patients in need
- To provide the most comprehensive level of education and best training program for residents and students in plastic surgery
- Arrange visits for the residents to the advanced institutions in the country for further knowledge and have an experience identical to that of independent plastic surgeons
- To further the science of plastic surgery through research.
- To provide the best possible environment, facilities, & staff, and to be the premier training
- program in the country.
1st Plastic Surgery Department in Marathwada region
-After Pune, Nagpur & Mumbai, this is the 1st department to start MCh. Plastic Surgery residency programme in Maharashtra
M.Ch. Plastic Surgery students
Three year degree course
Clinical & audiovisual learning programme.
- Clinical & audiovisual learning
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- M.Ch. Plastic Surgery
- Involved in various plastic surgery operative camps arranged at remote areas by social organizations
- 3-4 camps per year where 80-100 patients are operated
- BEDSIDE PREOPERATIVE PLANNING SESSIONS
- To promote gradual resident independence in all areas of competency with appropriate supervision by consultant for planning the different options available for patients.
- CONTEXT- The educational priority and "activity value for a trainee always take precedence over faculty seniority or convenience.
- In view of patient benefit & for students learning, we conduct planning sessions in the evening prior to the surgery.
- Here the students make the surgical planning. Eg marks the different flaps & cuts the different flap designs/patterns.
- In this way we are able to decide the best available surgical plan for the patients.
BEST PRACTICE OF DEPARTMENT-
Upgradation of services in terms of instrument and equipment New facilities and services started during last five years (2013 to 2018)
|Facilities||Starting of micro-vascular skill laboratory|
2. Striker drill for hand surgery
3. Portable doppler machine
|Services||-Nerve repair including|
Brachial plexus repair
-Microvascular surgery including
Arterio-Venous Fistula creation for haemodialysis patients
|Vascular reconstruction for trauma patients -Oncosurgical reconstruction eg. Breast reconstruction|
- Exchange programmes for trainees with other plastic departments in the country.
- Cadaveric workshops alongwith Anatomy department on various flaps for postgraduate trainees with latest dye studies and radiological tests and plans to develop flap museum
- To upgrade the Micro vascular laboratory for post graduates and junior consultants.
- To extend plastic surgery services in the adjoining district by conducting diagnostic and operative camps
- To establish a well equipped Burn Unit
- To open new sub-speciality clinics for hand surgery, maxillofacial surgery and cosmetic surgery
- Setting up of a Skin Bank.